Basic Training Division
Marc Fasano, Director
The Police Officer Standards and Training Council, Basic Training Division is responsible for the training of all probationary police officers in the State of Connecticut. This encompasses training of the POSTC approved curriculum at the Connecticut Police Academy and seven satellite academies located throughout the State.
The division oversees the approval of all recruit training academies through the Police Officer Standards and Training Council and conducts inspections to ensure operational compliance per Council regulations.
The Basic Training Division seeks to provide all probationary police officers with the essential training needed to complete field training and become a certified police officer in the State of Connecticut. This is accomplished by providing innovative, credible and high quality educational instruction to all probationary police officers.
- View Tentative POSTC Basic Recruit Training Start Dates (revised 3/26/2021)
- View Tentative SATELLITE Academies Basic Recruit Training Start Dates (revised 4/8/2021)
- Basic Recruit Training Seat Request Form (for official CT police department use ONLY) (revised 3/26/2021)
- Entry, Certification And Renewal Standards
- Basic Training Curriculum Outline (8/8/2020)
- Medical Approval Form For Basic Training Program
- Addendum To The Medical Form
- Physical Performance Examination - 40%
- 50% Physical Performance Examination Exit Standards (as per General Notice 20-02; effective July 1, 2020)
- POSTC Cooper Trained Examiners (5/2020)
- Protocol For Anaerobic Power Testing 300 Meter Run Test
- Range Qualification Recruit - Total 60 Rounds (Revised 2/2021)
- Field Training Evaluation Program (FTEP-4A Sign-off & Proficiency Checklist Rev. 4/2020)