Request a Proclamation / Greeting
Thank you for using our online form to request a proclamation or greeting. The Governor's
Office handles as many requests as possible, but due to the high volume of requests, please
adhere to the requirements below.
- At his discretion, Governor Lamont will issue proclamations for noteworthy state or local events that deserve special recognition. These public service documents are a courtesy to the requester, are strictly honorary, and are not legally binding.
- A proclamation request must be sponsored by a citizen of Connecticut; out of state requests will not be processed.
- All requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The Governor reserves the right to decline any request or make exception to those guidelines. Please do not make announcements regarding a proclamation until you have been notified of its acceptance.
- Proclamations are not automatically reissued each year and must be requested on an annual basis.
- There is a limit of three proclamation requests per person/organization per calendar year
- Due to the volume of requests received, your request must be submitted at least four weeks prior, but no more than 3 months prior, to the due date.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required fields