Year in Review
For the Fiscal Year ended June 30, 2020, the Unclaimed Property Division:
- Returned $66 million to 11,120 rightful owners.
- Received $121 million in unclaimed property, of which $95 million was voluntarily reported by financial institutions and other businesses, $17 million resulted from the sale of securities, and $9 million resulted from examination of company records.
- Deposited a net $36 million into the General Fund.
- Contributed $12 million to the Citizens' Election Fund.
- Maintains a website with $872 million in escheated property for 1.6 million rightful owners as of June 30, 2020.
[Note: Connecticut General Statute Section 3-69a (a) (2) requires the Unclaimed Property Division to deposit a portion of its receipts into the Citizen's Election Fund and the balance into the General Fund.]