Forms & Instructions
Reporting Forms & Instructions (Updated October 2019)
1. General Reporting Instructions
2. Holder Report Cover Sheet
3. Electronic Holder Reporting Required - You must report electronically when reporting in Connecticut. The electronic reports must be in the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA) format. Connecticut does not have a dedicated website for delivery of the NAUPA file; you must copy to CD ROM or flash drive! There is one free software option for Connecticut:
- HRS Pro - provided by Avenue Insights & Analytics at www.wagers.net. The single user version - desktop standard - retired on June 15, 2017. The web standard edition is a free application for up to 200 properties and one holder or tax ID number. For multiple users (holders/tax ID numbers), please contact Avenue Insights & Analytics at http://www.wagers.net/hrs/index.php. All data is maintained by the holder on the holder's computer - it is not automatically transmitted to the state.
- HRS Pro is an Excel based program which allows holders to file using an electronic report in NAUPA format. You may use the downloaded Excel template or input directly into the software. Connecticut encourages you to use the template and import the data file into the software.
- Our office encourages all holders to make a paper file copy and an electronic file copy for your records. The Connecticut Unclaimed Property Division only requires submission of the electronic version and the originally executed and notarized coversheet.
- Copy/burn the electronic hde file onto CD-ROM or flash drive and submit it with payment, as well as the originally signed and notarized cover sheet. Remember, data is not automatically transmitted to the state.
- If you use HRS Pro to complete your report, please send the hde file to Connecticut, even if the report only has one or two items on it. Loading electronic reports into the database is preferable to manually entering properties.
- If you need help with this software, email CTHolderReport@ct.gov.
There are several other software packages available for purchase that will generate the unclaimed property holder report in the correct format. It is important to note that Connecticut does not participate in any automatic delivery by these firms. You must copy file to CD-ROM or flash drive, verify the file is on the CD-ROM or flash drive, and then submit to state.
4. Holder Reporting Extension Request Form
5. Property Codes with Dormancy Periods
6. Acceptable Owner Relationship Codes (with definitions) and Owner Type Codes
7. Verification & Checklist Form (for your documentation only; do not send to Connecticut) Use the Holder Report Cover Sheet for filing.
8. Form ST77 (Manual Reporting for Three or Less Properties)
9. Due Diligence
10. Holder Reimbursement Request Form
11. First Time Reporting
- Reporting and Delivery of Mutual Funds
- Reporting and Delivery of DTC/DWAC Stock Securities Property
- Reporting and Delivery of DRP Property
Revised: October 2019