In compliance with Section 4-66 of the General Statutes, The Office of Policy and Management furnishes to the Office of the State Comptroller, on or before the twentieth day of each month, monthly statements of revenues and expenditures for the General Fund. In addition, an analysis of the Special Transportation Fund is included due to the significant nature of this fund. This analysis includes a statement of estimated revenues and expenditures for the completed current fiscal year, based on the actual revenues and expenditures recognized for the fiscal-year-to-date, as of the end of the previous month, adjusted for any anticipated events or actions which were unforeseen at the time the budget was adopted. The analysis typically may include the following:
- A comparison of the most-currently-revised estimates to the budget enacted and/or revised by the legislature
- Estimated revenues detailed by source
- Net changes in anticipated expenditures relative to previous estimates
- An estimate of lapses (previously anticipated expenditures which currently are not expected to occur)
- A summary of the impact of all of the revised estimates and determination of the resulting surplus/deficit from operations expected at the end of the fiscal year
- A general discussion of the changes, their impacts, and any other relevant issues.
For further information, contact: Gregory Messner, Executive Budget Officer