Gov. Malloy Announces Members to Serve on Certificate of Need Taskforce
(HARTFORD, CT) - Governor Dannel P. Malloy today announced that seventeen people have been appointed to serve on a taskforce he created in February that will be responsible for comprehensively reviewing Connecticut's laws regulating the ability of hospitals, nursing homes, residential care homes, certain physician groups, and other health care entities to establish new facilities or provide new services, change ownership, purchase or acquire equipment, make capital improvements, and terminate services.
The review is intended to ensure that consumers in Connecticut continue to receive equitable and affordable access to high quality health care that encourages transparency and competition, contributes to economic development, and promotes community benefits.
The membership of the Certificate of Need Taskforce is as follows:
- Nancy Wyman: Lt. Governor (Chair)
- Raul Pino: Commissioner, Department of Public Health
- Roderick Bremby: Commissioner, Department of Social Services
- Anne Foley: Under Secretary for Policy Development & Planning, Office of Policy & Management
- David Whitehead: Chief of Strategy & Transformation, Hartford Healthcare
- Gary Havican: Vice President of Strategic Planning and Ambulatory Operations, Middlesex Hospital
- Robert Patricelli: Founder and CEO, Women's Health USA
- Margaret Morelli: President, Leading Age
- Gary Price: Medical Director and Owner, The Center for Aesthetic Surgery
- Joseph Wankerl: Vice President of Network Strategy & Operations, ConnectiCare
- Keith Stover: Government Relations, Connecticut Association of Health Plans
- John Canham-Clyne: Deputy Research Director, Unite Here International Union
- Jennifer Smith: Political Director and Vice President, SEIU District 1199
- Fred Hyde: Clinical Professor of Health Policy and Management, Columbia University; Fordham University Fellow, Global Healthcare Innovation Management Center
- Tekisha Everette: Executive Director, Health Equity Solutions
- Jeff Walter: Interim CEO, Connecticut Nonprofit Alliance
- Alan Kaye: President, Radiological Society of Connecticut
The taskforce's first meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 12 at 1:00 p.m. in Room 310 of the State Capitol.