GOV. MALLOY: DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR STORM SANDY DISASTER ASSISTANCE IS DECEMBER 31
FEMA Assistance to Individuals in Connecticut Tops $9.2 Million
(HARTFORD, CT) - Governor Dannel P. Malloy today announced that residents living in one of the four declared Connecticut counties who suffered damage as a result of Storm Sandy must register with FEMA by December 31, 2012 to begin the disaster assistance process. To date, more than $9.2 million in federal assistance has been approved to help individuals in Connecticut with disaster expenses resulting from the storm.
"With the deadline less than a month away, it's critical that any residents in the shoreline counties who experienced damage from Sandy register with FEMA to determine whether you qualify for disaster assistance," Governor Malloy said.
Residents in Fairfield, New Haven, Middlesex and New London Counties and businesses across the state who suffered damage as a result of Storm Sandy should register with FEMA by either calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or by going online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov . For those with speech or hearing disabilities, the TTY number is 1-800-462-7585.
- 10,626 Connecticut residents in counties of Fairfield, Middlesex, New Haven, and New London, the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation and the Mohegan Tribal Nation located within New London County have registered for federal disaster assistance.
- More than $9.2 million has been approved for housing assistance, including short-term rental assistance and home repair costs.
- More than $481,000 has been approved to cover other essential disaster-related needs, such as medical and dental expenses and lost personal possessions.
- 5,215 inspections of damaged properties have been conducted.
- 8,188 disaster loan applications have been issued by the United States Small Business Administration (SBA). Of that number, 6,497 are for home loans and 1,691 applications from businesses. More than $4.8 million in SBA loans have been approved to date.
For additional information, visit www.ct.gov/sandy .
For Immediate Release: December 6, 2012
Facebook: Office of Governor Dannel P. Malloy