Highway Use Fee - Registration is now open for certain carriers to register for the new Connecticut Highway Use Fee - Click here for more information.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - the following tax types are now available in myconneCT: Individual Income Tax, Attorney Occupational Tax, Unified Gift and Estate Tax, Controlling Interest Transfer Tax, and Alcoholic Beverage Tax. - Click here for the latest information.

Register Your Business


All taxpayers are now required to register online using the myconneCT registration application (REG-1). If you are registering for any tax accounts that have a fee, you must make payment electronically. DRS recommends using the direct payment from your savings or checking account. Credit Card payments are accepted, but are subject to a convenience fee. If you register for Sales Tax, Room Occupancy,Over-the-Counter Cigarette Dealer (Retailer), or Tobacco Products Distributor a temporary permit will be available to print immediately. BE SURE TO PRINT A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS. Once you have the temporary permit you may begin using it immediately. During the application submission, you will create a username and password for access to myconneCT. Once you have submitted the application, you can log into your myconneCT account to obtain your CT tax registration number. As an active business in CT, you must now use myconneCT to maintain your account by keeping addresses, names, officers, and tax types accurate and up to date.