COVID-19-Prepare to administer the vaccine
The information on this webpage is intended for COVID-19 Vaccine Providers
Step Six – Prepare to administer the vaccine (clinical resources and guidance documents)
This page contains important clinical information and resources for vaccinators, as well as information specific to the COVID-19 vaccines currently available. We will continue to add information to this webpage.
(Center for Disease Control and Prevention-CDC)
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Quick Reference Guide for Healthcare Professionals is a quick reference for comparing general information, storage and handling information and vaccine administration information for all COVID-19 vaccines.
- Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of COVID-19 Vaccines Currently Authorized in the United States (CDC) Updated 3/3/21 with J&J Information
- Vaccinating Homebound Persons with COVID-19 Vaccine (CDC) Includes guidance on transporting punctured vaccine vials under storage and handling “During transport” section.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Training Module for Healthcare Providers (CDC) This web-on-demand module is for healthcare providers who will be administering COVID-19 vaccine. The training includes information about COVID-19 vaccine EUAs, vaccine safety, and general information about vaccine storage, handling, administration, and reporting.
- Product Information Guide for COVID-19 Vaccines and Ancillary Kits/Associated Products (CDC) 5/25/21
- What to Expect after getting a COVID-19 Vaccination-for clinics (CDC)
COVID-19 Vaccine Transfer Form (DPH) Please complete and email this form back to DPH whenever transferring COVID -19 vaccines between CoVP enrolled providers.
Ordering vaccines (Updated 2/1/2021) Requests for doses should be submitted through our ordering portal by noon on Tuesdays. https://dphsubmissions.ct.gov/ClinicVaccinationOrder.
Report vaccine temperature excursions and vaccines wasted to the Helpdesk by following the prompts and submitting a ticket.
- Immediately report all temperature excursions in storage units containing COVID-19 vaccines. Staff will be notified in real time of the excursion and will assist you. Please store vaccines in the storage unit in a paper bag marked "do not use" until a determination about the viability of the vaccine has been made, in consultation with the manufacturer and the Immunization Program.
- Also report to the Helpdesk all COVID-19 vaccines deemed wasted, including for Pfizer vials, if a sixth dose cannot be extracted from a vial.
CoVP Weekly Update-First and Second Dose Inventory Management Training (14 minute video)
List your clinic on the CT Vaccine Portal
It is important to register your clinic information on the CT Vaccine Portal so that eligible people can find your clinic. To list a new location, complete the form at https://uwc.211ct.org/contact/vaccine-site-registration/. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-571-6059. If you need to make a change (different hours, no longer operating, schedule), complete the update form at: https://uwc.211ct.org/contact/request-agency-update/
Scheduling Assistance Available through Appointment Plus
The CT COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Assist Line (VAAL) is partnering with health providers to schedule patients for vaccine appointments. Learn more at https://uwc.211ct.org/vax/.
Policy and current phase resources
- Second Dose Scheduling Policy 4/19/21
- Personal attestation statement (DPH)
- COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ (CT Vaccine Portal)
- Wastage Policy 3/4/21 (DPH)
Resources for administering the COVID-19 Vaccine
Janssen Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Vaccine
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (CDC)
- Pfizer vaccine EUA Fact Sheet (FDA)
- Pfizer Vaccine Storage and Handling Summary (CDC)
- Redistribution Considerations 12/11/2020 (Pfizer)
- Pfizer standing order template (CDC)
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (CDC)
- Moderna vaccine EUA Fact Sheet (FDA)
- Redistribution Guidance for Moderna Vaccine 12/27/20
- Moderna standing order template (CDC)
- COVID-19 ACIP Vaccine Recommendations (CDC-Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- General Best Practice Guidelines for Immunization (ACIP) includes section on Preventing and Managing Adverse Reactions, Special Situations, and much more
- COVID-19 Vaccine (CDC)
- Guidance for Planning Vaccination Clinics Held at Satellite, Temporary, or Off-Site Locations (CDC)
- COVID-19 and Flu Resources (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Vaccination and COVID-19 (IAC-Immunization Action Coalition)
- Vaccine Education Center at CHOP Q & A about COVID-19 Vaccines (Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia)
If you need additional support, submit a request to our Helpdesk. Please enter as much detail as possible to describe the issue or question. Attach screen shots, if possible, to the email. Depending on the priority of the issue or question, inquiries can be resolved between 1 and 5 business days.