COVID-19-Prepare to administer the vaccine
The information on this webpage is intended for COVID-19 Vaccine Providers
Step Six – Prepare to administer the vaccine
This page contains important clinical information and resources for vaccinators, as well as information specific to the COVID-19 vaccines currently available. We will continue to add information to this webpage.
Provider Resources for COVID-19 Vaccine Conversations with Patients and an updated
Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit that contains an addendum on storage and handling
best practices for COVID-19 vaccines.
COVID-19 Vaccine Training Module for Healthcare Providers (CDC) This new web-on-demand module is for healthcare providers who will be administering COVID-19 vaccine. The training includes information about COVID-19 vaccine EUAs, vaccine safety, and general information about vaccine storage, handling, administration, and reporting.
COVID-19 Vaccine Transfer Form Please complete and email this form back to DPH whenever transferring COVID -19 vaccines between CoVP enrolled providers.
How to order vaccines (Updated 2/1/2021)
- Ordering: Requests for doses should be submitted through our ordering portal by noon on Tuesdays. https://dphsubmissions.ct.gov/ClinicVaccinationOrder.
How to list your clinic on the 211 United Way Map
Participate in the state’s cloud-based scheduling platform, supported by Appointment-Plus, to enable our vaccine access phone line to assist with scheduling patients. To learn more: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Listing-your-Vaccination-Clinic-with-211.
Resources for administering the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Employers can visit COVID-19 Vaccination and Employers to find out how their employees who fit the criteria are scheduled to receive the vaccine.
- Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA): What Every Clinician Should Know about COVID-19 Vaccine Safety (CDC) https://emergency.cdc.gov/coca/calls/2020/callinfo_121420.asp
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (CDC)
- Pfizer vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Patients and Caregivers (US Food and Drug Administration-FDA)
- Pfizer vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers (FDA)
- Translations of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 EUA Recipient/Caregiver Fact Sheet (FDA)
- EUA Table (FDA)
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- Redistribution Guidance for Moderna Vaccine 12/27/20
- Information about Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine can be found by visitinghttps://www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua. Here you’ll find helpful information such as a fact sheet, prescribing information, and important safety information, a tool to determine the expiration date of each lot of vaccine, storage & handling requirements, and dosing & administration information, and more.
- Moderna Clinical Website is live at Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Information (CDC) On this site you will find a storage and handling summary, BUD guidance and labels, the Vaccine Expiration Date Tracking Tool, a Prep and Administration Summary, and a Standing Orders Template.
- Moderna Call Center
- The Moderna Call Center is available from 8am to 8pm EST, Monday through Friday and can be reached at 1-866-MODERNA (1-866-663-3762). We are here to support you as you begin vaccinations and can assist in answering questions in real-time.
- COVID-19 ACIP Vaccine Recommendations (CDC-Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- General Best Practice Guidelines for Immunization (ACIP) includes section on Preventing and Managing Adverse Reactions, Special Situations, and much more
- The COVID-19 Vaccination Program Interim Operational Guidance for Jurisdictions Playbook (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccine (CDC)
- AMA announces vaccine-specific CPT codes for coronavirus immunizations (American Medical Association)
- Guidance for Planning Vaccination Clinics Held at Satellite, Temporary, or Off-Site Locations (CDC)
- COVID-19 and Flu Resources (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Vaccination and COVID-19 (IAC-Immunization Action Coalition)
- Vaccine Education Center at CHOP Q & A about COVID-19 Vaccines (Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia)
If you need additional support, submit a request to our Helpdesk. Please enter as much detail as possible to describe the issue or question. Attach screen shots, if possible, to the email. Depending on the priority of the issue or question, inquiries can be resolved between 1 and 5 business days.