The Connecticut Department of Public Health (CT DPH) Asthma Program has revised the Managing Asthma in Connecticut Child Care Facilities. The intent of this childcare provider manual is to provide resources and guidance for programs that care for children in their preschool years.
Additionally, DPH offers the Child Day Care SAFER program. This is an initiative to identify licensed day cares that operate on land or in buildings that may be affected by hazardous chemicals as well as help them become environmentally clean and green.
- Tips for Parents and Children with Asthma
- Should my Child go to Child Care Today?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): School and Childcare Providers
- California Breathing Initiatives and Information for Asthma Advocates in California
- Childcare Training Video
- Respiratory Health Association
- Asthma-Friendly Childcare