Burden of Asthma in Connecticut Surveillance reports, are comprehensive reports that utilized a variety of data sources, including Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS), Hospitalization data, Emergency Department (ED) visit data, Mortality data, School-based asthma surveillance data, Medicaid managed care data, Work-related asthma data and Connecticut Death Registry data.
The following tables from this report are regularly updated. They can be accessed from the Statistics webpage.
- Appendix F: Hospitalization Rates by Town
- Appendix H: Emergency Department Rates by Town
- Appendix J: Hospital Healthcare Charges by Town
School-based Asthma Surveillance Reports
Pursuant to Connecticut General Statute (CGS§ 10-206), the Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) Asthma Program has established a statewide School-based Asthma Surveillance System (SBASS) based on the school Health Assessment Record (HAR).
- Connecticut School-based Asthma Surveillance Report 2019
- Connecticut School-based Asthma Surveillance Report 2014
- Connecticut School-based Asthma Surveillance Report 2010