To obtain a food service License -

Contact the local health department serving your town for information on obtaining a food service license. Specific requirements and procedures may vary from town to town, so it is important that you contact them prior to beginning any construction or renovation. If you are unsure of the name or location of your local health department, call the Food Protection Program at (860) 509-7297. Additional licenses may be required for baking or frozen desserts. Contact the Food Division of the Department of Consumer Protection for more information on these types of licenses.

The FDA Plan Review Guidelines provide an overview of information that local health departments may request from an owner prior to new construction or renovation of a food service establishment.