Chair: Greg Allard
The CT Emergency Medical Services Advisory Board (CEMSAB) was established pursuant to CT General Statutes 19a-178a.
The advisory board shall consist of the following members:
- the Commissioner of Public Health
- the OEMS EMS Medical Director
- the president of each of the regional EMS councils, or their designees.
Additionally, the Governor shall appoint the following members:
- one person from the Connecticut Association of Directors of Health
- three persons from the Connecticut College of Emergency Physicians
- one person from the Connecticut Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons
- one person from the Connecticut Medical Advisory Committee
- one person from the Emergency Nurses Association
- one person from the Connecticut Association of Emergency Medical Services Instructors
- one person from the Connecticut Hospital Association
- two persons representing commercial ambulance providers
- one person from the Connecticut State Firefighters Association
- one person from the Connecticut Fire Chiefs Association
- one person from the Connecticut Police Chiefs Association;
- one person from the Connecticut State Police
- one person from the Connecticut Commission on Fire Prevention and Control.
An additional eighteen members shall be appointed as follows:
- three by the president pro tempore of the Senate
- three by the majority leader of the Senate
- four by the minority leader of the Senate
- three by the speaker of the House of Representatives
- two by the majority leader of the House of Representatives
- three by the minority leader of the House of Representatives.
The above 18 appointees shall include:
- one person with experience in municipal ambulance services
- one person with experience in for-profit ambulance services
- three persons with experience in volunteer ambulance services
- a paramedic
- an EMT
- an AEMT
- three consumers
- four persons from state-wide organizations with interests in emergency medical services, as well as any other areas of expertise that may be deemed necessary for the proper functioning of the advisory board.
Meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday of each month.
|December||No meeting held|