Release or Subordination of Lien
There are many programs funded through the Department of Housing (DOH) that may require that a lien be placed on a homeowner’s property. The following is a list of the most common programs funded though DOH, which may require a release or subordination of lien:
• Down Payment Assistance Program loans made by DOH prior to 1992
• Corporation for Independent Living – Loans and Grants for Accessibility Program/Money Follows the Person
• HazMat Hartford Lead Program
• Community Renewal Team – My Home Solutions
• Habitat for Humanity Affordable Homeownership Program
• Land Bank Land Trust (LBLT)
• Senior Emergency Repair Program
This above list is not intended to be all-inclusive.
If you are requesting a release of lien from any of the programs listed above, please be sure you have the following documents available:
• copy of the Recorded Mortgage Deed that includes a description of the property
• copy of the Recorded Assignment of Mortgage
• copy of the Recorded Declaration of Restrictive Covenant
• mortgage refinancing information, i.e. Title Search, Loan Agreement
• for the LBLT program, provide the completed Sales Price Calculation Form, Appraisal Report, and Invoices and Receipts of all eligible improvements made to the property
If you are requesting a subordination, please see the DOH Subordination Requirements by selecting this link.
All requests for Releases or Subordinations of DOH loans, along with required documents from the list above, can be emailed to Paula Thantaha-Christensen at Ploynapas.Thantaha@ct.gov and Beth Generali at email@example.com.