· Description of Supplemental Food Programs Available to farmers markets
· Guidance to those wishing to start a farmers market
Definition of a Certified Farmers' Market: Connecticut Farmers' Markets that only allow the sale of CT Grown farm products have the option of being identified as a “Certified Farmers' Market”. Being a certified farmers' market allows the market to:
· Be included in DoAg’s farmers market brochure
· Offer the very popular and successful Farmers' Market Nutrition Program
· Be listed as certified farmers' market
· Allows participating farmers' kiosk at the market to be considered an extension of their farm allowing the sales of some items exempt from certain inspection programs
Non Certified Farmers' Markets: Non-certified farmers' market are farmers' markets located in Connecticut that allow out of state farmers to participate and/or allow the sale of non-CT Grown farm products.