Crimes Analysis Unit
The Crime Analysis Unit provides various analytical and computational services to the Connecticut State Police, the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, Connecticut municipal police departments, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the media, and other consumers of Connecticut crime and traffic statistics.
The Crime Analysis Unit oversees several state-mandated programs, including the Connecticut Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program, the National Incident-Based Reporting Program (NIBRS), the Connecticut Family Violence Reporting Program, and the Connecticut Bias (Hate) Crime Reporting Program. In addition to these mandated programs, the Crime Analysis Unit maintains statistical and summary data on motor vehicle enforcements, accidents, and related traffic events handled by the Connecticut State Police.
For other inquires, please contact the unit at (860) 685-8030.
- For current documents select a file from the list (see below)
- For historical documents prior to 2017 click this link: Publications and Queryable Statistics
- Additional queryable data is also available at: Crime in CT Spreadsheet
- To obtain official, published FBI statistics for other states or the entire US: Crime Data Explorer
- Bias Crime Report
- Crime in Connecticut Report
- Family Violence Arrest Report
- Family Violence Detailed Report
- Family Violence Homicide Report