Rabies Vector Species (RVS) Authorization
RVS applicants are required to complete the following requirements prior to being considered for RVS appointment:
- Receive a standard Wildlife Custodian Appointment from the Connecticut DEEP.
- Complete a volunteer RVS application and statement of compliance.
- Receive and show verification of rabies pre-exposure shots by completing a Certificate of Rabies Immunization.
- Provide verification of having veterinary services available by completing a Statement of Veterinary Support.
- Provide photographs of outdoor pre-release pens.
- Attend an RVS training seminar.
- Check with his/her town to see if there are any town ordinances which would prevent the rehabilitation of RVS species.
RVS rehabilitators are required to meet stringent handling guidelines and disease prevention protocols. RVS rehabilitators must keep accurate records of activities and submit them on the forms provided by the State at the end of each calendar year.
For further information or to request an application package, contact Laurie Fortin of the Wildlife Division at 860-424-3963, firstname.lastname@example.org or send postal mail to:
79 Elm Street
Hartford, CT 06106-5127
How to Become a Wildlife Rehabilitator
Content last updated on December 27, 2019.