Dam Safety Regulatory ProgramANNOUNCEMENTS:
1. In-person file reviews have resumed as of June 1, 2021. Please send this form to DEEP.DamSafety@ct.gov to request an appointment.
2. The DEEP Dam Safety Regulatory Program is offering the option of submitting all Dam Safety Permit Applications electronically. Please follow these steps to submit Dam Safety Permit Applications to DEEP.
3. Please email us at DEEP.DamSafety@ct.gov with an email address if you would like to receive our emails with Dam Safety updates. The mission of the DEEP Dam Safety Regulatory Program is to ensure the safety of dams to protect life, property, and the environment by ensuring that all dams are designed, constructed, operated, and maintained safely and effectively. The Dam Safety Statutes were last substantially revised by Public Act 2013-197, which authorized changes regarding Emergency Action Plans (EAPs) and inspection requirements:
Dam owners in the State of Connecticut are now responsible for hiring a consultant to conduct regular dam inspections.
The owners of high hazard (Class C) and significant hazard (Class B) dams must file an EAP every two years.
The Dam Safety regulations were most recently revised with an effective date of February 3, 2016.
- Emergency Action Plans (EAPs)
- Dam Inspections
- Dam Registration and Dam Recordation
- Permitting (Dam Repairs, Alterations, or Removals)
Content last updated June 2021