Connecticut Recycles Day - November 15th
Ideas for Celebrating Connecticut Recycles Day
Connecticut Recycles Day Resources
Recycling in Connecticut
2018 America Recycles Day
Recycling Program FAQ's
As a Matter of Fact...
Environmental Protection Begins With You
Visit RecycleCT to learn about What's In and What's Out!
Connecticut Recycles Day is a recycling awareness day that takes place on November 15th each year. This day is set aside to recognize and celebrate the positive impact of reducing, reusing, recycling, composting and closing the recycling loop in our communities, schools, businesses and state agencies. You can use this day at your workplace, school, or in your home to bring awareness to recycling and commit to improving your recycling program.
- Coordinate a "Drive" to Collect an Item from the Waste Stream (i.e. cell phones for soldiers).
- Expand Your Recycling Program (add more materials to recycle or try to recover more of what you already collect).
- Start a "Green Team" in your office, school, or house of worship.
- Clean Your Room/House/Office and donate items to a local charity.
- Coordinate a community tag sale.
- Organize a ‘swap’ party with friends: clothing, toys, books or kitchenware.
- Coordinate a book collection event and donate books to schools, libraries or other facilities.
- Visit a recycling center to learn where your recyclables go.
- Create Art from Trash.
- Start a book discussion group to learn more about trash & recycling.
- Connecticut Recycles Day Event Planners Guide (CT DEEP)
- What DEEP is Doing: How We’re Greening the DEEP (CT DEEP)
- America Recycles Day (KAB)
- Recycling Education Programs (HRRA)
- CT Recycling Program Resources (CT DEEP)
- Recycling Hits the Runway This is a starter loan kit with a sample script, some accessories and clothing made from recycled materials to stage your own fashion show. Add more of your own recycled content or reused clothing to complete the show. (CT DEEP)
- Recycling Match Game A game in which players match the objects in the recycling bin to the products they can be recycled into. (CT DEEP)
- Trash Detectives Game Could that item you put in the trash have a better use? Could it be recycled, composted or reused in some way? Find out playing this game! (CT DEEP)
- Environmental Speakers, Presenters and Performers (CT DEEP)
- Grade School Recycling Resources (CT DEEP)
- The History of the Recycling Symbol: How Gary Anderson Designed the Recycling Symbol (J.C. Dyer)
- CT Celebrates Earth Day (CT DEEP)
- Buy Recycled Products (CT DEEP)
- Environmental Tips for Earth Day and Every Day! (CT DEEP)
- Managing Waste and Recycling at Special Events and Other Venues (CT DEEP)
Content Last Updated May 27, 2020