MEDIA ADVISORY - DEEP to Hold Virtual Forum on Climate Resilience Fund Launch
(HARTFORD, CT) – DEEP is holding a virtual launch event and webinar on Friday, September 23, from 12 noon-1 p.m. on the Climate Resilience Fund. With Governor Lamont’s announcement on Tuesday, the fund is aimed at helping communities plan and prepare for the effects of climate change by initiating planning projects for climate resilience that can be implemented and constructed with federal funds. A total of $10 million in state bond funding will be available in this first round. At least 40% of the funding will be prioritized for vulnerable communities, including environmental justice communities that will feel the effects of climate change first and worst. To register for this virtual event, click here.
- Commissioner Katie Dykes, DEEP
- Commissioner Andrew Mais, CT Dept. of Insurance
- Deputy Commissioner Brenda Bergeron, CT Division of Emergency Management & Homeland Security
- Jim O’Donnell, Professor of Marine Sciences and Executive Director of the UConn Connecticut Institute for Resilience and Climate Adaptation
- Curt Johnson, President of Save the Sound
- Matthew Fulda, Executive Director of MetroCOG, the regional planning organization for Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull
WHAT: Virtual Forum on Climate Resilience Fund Launch
WHEN: Friday, September 23, 2022; 12 noon to 1 p.m.
WHERE: This event will be held via Zoom. Any reporter who would like to participate must register in advance here. After registering, reporters will receive a confirmation email containing the Zoom log-in credentials.