Review CriteriaThe Connecticut Office of the Arts is committed to expanding opportunities for individuals to participate in the arts as creators, arts administrator, and audience members. The program’s focus is on individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in arts administration roles and/or live in a Distressed Municipality or a CT Rural Town. Special consideration will be given to professional development requests that support and/or align with COA’s READI goals.
- Relationship of the professional development to the applicant's career goals and potential for personal and professional growth (50%)
- Thoughtful consideration of diversity, equity, access or inclusion in the arts (25%)
- Applicant is of a group that is traditionally underrepresented in arts administration roles and/or lives in a Distressed Municipality or CT Rural Town (10%)
- Proposed professional development activity supports COA’s READI goals (10%)
- Clarity of information presented in the application (5%)
Applications will be randomly assigned to reviewers and independently reviewed and scored. Highest scoring applications will be reviewed further as part of a panel review process. Final funding recommendations are presented to the Connecticut Arts Council for approval.