Pharmacists & Dispensing Prescribers Information
- Dispensed Schedule II-V controlled substances with a prescription supply that is greater than a 48-hour supply;
- Insulin Drugs (veterinarian drugs are not reportable);
- Glucagon Drugs (veterinarian drugs are not reportable);
- Diabetic Devices (veterinarian devices are not reportable);
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Devices (veterinarian devices are not reportable);
Each pharmacy, nonresident pharmacy, outpatient pharmacy in a hospital or institution, and prescribing practitioners who dispense (including veterinary facilities) shall report all required drugs and medical devices dispensed immediately upon, but in no event later than the next business day (dispensing veterinarians are permitted to report weekly) after dispensing such prescriptions into the CPMRS Data Collection website at https://pmpclearinghouse.net.
For technical assistance with uploading data, contact Bamboo Health at (866) 683-3246.
DISPENSER REPORTING EXEMPTIONS
Connecticut does not require a formal written request and approval for accessing dispensing waivers. All dispensing practitioners requiring the use of reporting waivers should read the following PMP dispensing waiver reporting process requirements information page.
NON-REPORTABLE DISPENSING ACTIVITIES EXEMPTIONS
- A reportable drug administered directly to a patient by a prescriber;
- A reportable drug dispensed by a licensed health care facility provided that the quantity dispensed is limited to an amount adequate to treat the patient for a maximum of forty-eight (48) hours;
- Any reportable drug sample dispensed;
- Any reportable drug dispensed to inpatients in hospitals or nursing homes (exemption does not apply to assisted living);
- Dispensing to inpatients in hospices (exemption does not apply to home hospice or hospice in an assisted living facility);
- Any facility that is registered by the United States drug enforcement administration as a narcotic treatment program and is subject to the record keeping provisions of 21 CFR 1304.24;
For more information regarding these drugs, please review the documents below:
- Common NDCs for insulin drugs, glucagon drugs, diabetes devices, & diabetic ketoacidosis devices
- Description of insulin drugs, glucagon drugs, diabetes devices, diabetic ketoacidosis devices, gabapentin, and naloxone
July 1, 2016: All prescriptions must be reported daily
Each pharmacy, nonresident pharmacy, outpatient pharmacy in a hospital or institution, and dispenser shall report all controlled substance prescriptions dispensed immediately upon, but in no event later than the next business day, after dispensing such prescriptions into the CPMRS Data Collection website at https://pmpclearinghouse.net.
Please visit the Data Collection website at https://pmpclearinghouse.net to register and upload your data, and/or visit the PMP website at https://connecticut.pmpaware.net to register and access prescription information.
Contact Bamboo Health for technical assistance with data uploads and error correction:
Toll-Free (866) 683-3246 (available M-F, 8AM-8PM EST)