Mobile Manufactured Homes
The Department of Consumer Protection inspects and licenses mobile manufactured home parks, investigates complaints from park residents, and enforces Connecticut's laws and regulations regarding parks.
The Mobile Manufactured Home Advisory Council operates under the auspices of the Department. The advisory council's role is set forth by statute and includes monitoring the implementation of laws and regulations, promoting broader use of mobile manufactured homes as affordable housing, and studying other issues related to mobile manufactured homes.
- Mobile Manufactured Home license applications
- File a Complaint
- Laws and Regulations
- Connecticut Real Estate Commission (including mobile manufactured home issues)
- Mobile Manufactured Home Purchase, Refinance and Park Acquisition by Residents
- Reasonable Accommodations - Disabilities
- Disclosure Statement
Mobile manufactured home park owners are required by section 21-70 of the Connecticut General Statutes to provide a Disclosure Statement to prospective park residents before the first rental agreement is signed. The Department encourages park owners to provide a copy of the disclosure statement to prospective residents as soon as they become aware of a potential or pending sale of a home in their park.
Prospective mobile manufactures home park residents should request a copy of the disclosure statement and read it carefully before entering into an agreement with the seller to purchase a mobile manufactured home in a park.
Other Relevant Links
- Rights & Responsibilities of Residents of Mobile Home Communities in CT
- Fact Sheet for Purchasers of Manufactured Homes
Connecticut Associations and Organizations
- Connecticut Housing Coalition
- Connecticut Manufactured Housing Association (represents park owners)
- Connecticut Fair Housing Center
Purchase or Rental Resources
- CT-Clic: Connecticut Licensing Website
- CT-Gov: Connecticut Government Website
- Connecticut General Assembly
- Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO)
- Connecticut Department of Housing
- Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
- Connecticut InfoLine
- Connecticut Judicial Branch
- Connecticut Judicial Branch Housing Courts
- Connecticut State Library
- US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development, CT Office
- US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development, National Office
- HUD Manufactured Housing and Standards
- Connecticut Network for Legal Aid
- Statewide Legal Services
- Greater Hartford Legal Aid
- Legal Assistance Resource Center of CT, Inc.
- New Haven Legal Assistance Association, Inc.