Mobile Manufactured Homes
Mobile manufactured homes are an important housing resource in Connecticut. On individual lots or within mobile manufactured home communities, these homes offer an appealing alternative to conventional housing for first-time home buyers as well as those seeking to downsize.
The Department of Consumer Protection inspects and licenses mobile manufactured home parks, investigates complaints from park residents, and enforces Connecticut's laws and regulations regarding parks.
The Mobile Manufactured Home Advisory Council operates under the auspices of the Department. The advisory council's role is set forth by statute and includes monitoring the implementation of laws and regulations, promoting broader use of mobile manufactured homes as affordable housing, and studying other issues related to mobile manufactured homes.
- Mobile Manufactured Home license applications
- File a Complaint
- Laws and Regulations
- Connecticut Real Estate Commission (including mobile manufactured home issues)
- CHFA Mobile Manufactured Home Loan Program
- Reasonable Accommodations - Disabilities
Other Relevant Links
- Rights & Responsibilities of Residents of Mobile Home Communities in CT
- Fact Sheet for Purchasers of Manufactured Homes
- What You Should Know about Housing Discrimination (CT Legal Rights Project)
Connecticut Associations and Organizations
- Connecticut Housing Coalition
- Connecticut Manufactured Home Owners Alliance (represents park residents)
- Connecticut Manufactured Housing Association (represents park owners)
- Connecticut Fair Housing Center
Purchase or Rental Resources
- CT-Clic: Connecticut Licensing Website
- CT-Gov: Connecticut Government Website
- Connecticut General Assembly
- Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO)
- Connecticut Department of Housing
- Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
- Connecticut InfoLine
- Connecticut Judicial Branch
- Connecticut Judicial Branch Housing Courts
- Connecticut State Library
- Fair Rent Commissions
- US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development, CT Office
- US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development, National Office
- HUD Manufactured Housing and Standards
- Connecticut Network for Legal Aid
- Statewide Legal Services
- Greater Hartford Legal Aid
- Legal Assistance Resource Center of CT, Inc.
- New Haven Legal Assistance Association, Inc.