Certified Public Accountants
The Department of Consumer Protection will no longer issue CPA wall certificates. A wall certificate can be obtained by contacting NASBA at www.nasbastore.org after approval of your certification. All questions regarding wall certificates should be directed to NASBA at 1-888-925-5237.
- Initial Certification, Registration and License
- Passed CPA Exam in Connecticut
- Reciprocal - Passed CPA Exam in another jurisdiction
- License/Registration for current CT Certificate holders (applicants who have already gone through the certification process and have a Connecticut certificate and now wish to apply for a registration or license).
- Firm Permits: To apply for an initial in-state or out-of-state firm permit, reinstate an expired permit, report a name change and terminate an old firm.
Select This Link to verify a registration/license status
- Reinstatement: A credential that has been inactive/lapsed for more than 150 days after expiration must complete a reinstatement form (reinstatements cannot be processed online). Print, complete and mail to the address indicated on the form.
- Renewal: Renewal notices are EMAILED to all credential holders during the renewal period from October 1st to December 31st.
- Continuing Professional Education: Only licensed CPA's are required to report CPE's.
- Request for verification of License/Registration Status or Grade Information
- Changes to License/Registration
*The regulations regarding Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) have been revised. Provisions already in statute have been removed. Also, Connecticut’s regulations are now more consistent with the Model Rules of the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy.
The main substantive changes to the regulations have to do with continuing professional education (CPE). CPAs may now record credits in fractions as small as one-sixth (10-minute) increments, and may earn credits via interactive self-study programs.
- CT Society of CPAs (CTCPA) - www.ctcpas.org
- National Assoc. of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) - www.nasba.org
- State Board of Accountancy
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) - www.pcaobus.org
- American Institute of CPAs - www.aicpa.org
- Frequently Asked Questions about Foreign Accountants and Chartered Accountants in Connecticut
- Client Record Memo
- CPA Mobility
- Board's Statement Regarding Services to Marijuana Distributors
- Public Accounting Firms and the Firm’s use of the title Certified Public Accountant