Certified Public Accountants
The Department of Consumer Protection will no longer issue CPA wall certificates. A wall certificate can be obtained by contacting NASBA at www.nasbastore.org after approval of your certification. All questions regarding wall certificates should be directed to NASBA at 1-888-925-5237.
- Initial Certification, Registration and License
- Passed CPA Exam in Connecticut
- Reciprocal - Passed CPA Exam in another jurisdiction
- License/Registration for current CT Certificate holders (applicants who have already gone through the certification process and have a Connecticut certificate and now wish to apply for a registration or license).
- Firm Permits - To apply for an initial in-state or out-of-state firm permit, reinstate an expired permit, report a name change and terminate an old firm.
Select This Link to verify a registration/license status
- Reinstatement - A credential that has been inactive/lapsed for more than 150 days after expiration must complete a reinstatement form (reinstatements cannot be processed online). Print, complete and mail to the address indicated on the form.
- Renewal - Renewal notices are EMAILED to all credential holders during the renewal period from October 1st to December 31st.
- Continuing Professional Education - CPE's are gathered starting July 1st through June 30th to be reported by December 31st in order to renew. Only licensed CPA's are required to report CPE's.
- File for a verification/transfer of exam grades to another state
- Change to Existing Certification/License (Name, Address, Status)
- Laws & Regulations
- Fee Schedule
- CT Society of CPAs (CTCPA) - www.ctcpas.org
- National Assoc. of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) - www.nasba.org
- State Board of Accountancy
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) - www.pcaobus.org
- American Institute of CPAs - www.aicpa.org
- Frequently Asked Questions about Foreign Accountants and Chartered Accountants in Connecticut
- Client Record Memo
- CPA Mobility
- Board's Statement Regarding Services to Marijuana Distributors
- Public Accounting Firms and the Firm’s use of the title Certified Public Accountant