Real Estate - Non-Reciprocal
This application is for an individual broker or salesperson who holds an active license in a non-reciprocal state. List of Reciprocal States.
- Have an active license in good standing in another state;
- Passed a written examination in the state in which you are actively licensed;
Successfully complete the state portion of the CT Real Estate Examination administered by PSI*
The Department of Consumer Protection will review your application to determine your exam eligibility.
Once this application is reviewed and approved, you will receive an Examination Eligibility Postcard from PSI Examination Services with instructions to register and schedule the examination. PSI can be contacted at 1-800-733-9267 or www.psiexams.com.
*The General and State portions of the CT examination may be required if an applicant is unable to provide documentation that they successfully completed a written examination in another state.
Required Documentation For Examination Approval:
- Completed notarized application;
- A certification of license history received directly from the licensing authority in every state in which you currently hold or have held a real estate license. The license history must include how you obtained your license in that state.
After the successful completion of the CT Real Estate Examination:
Broker: Provide this office with a copy of your examination score and pay additional fees (see below).
If you plan to do business as a legal entity you must obtain a broker license in the name of that legal entity. Follow these application procedures first; then AFTER you have passed the CT Broker Licensing Exam, download the New Legal Entity Application and submit with initial license fee and your passing CT broker exam score report.
Salesperson: Provide the following: copy of your examination score; confirmation of sponsorship and additional fees (see below).
- Broker: $120.00 application fee (non-refundable)
- The $565.00 initial license fee and $20.00 guaranty fund fee will be due upon the successful completion of the examination.
- Salesperson: $80.00 application fee (non-refundable)
- The $285.00 initial license fee and $20.00 guaranty fund fee will be due upon the successful completion of the examination.
Renewal & CE Information