Real Estate - Community Association Manager & Community Association Manager Trainee
- Background Check:
A Criminal History Record report from the State of Connecticut, State Police Bureau of Identification, 1111 Country Club Rd., Middletown, CT 06457. The form is available at https://portal.ct.gov/despp. Select "CT Only Criminal Conviction History Record Search (Name/DOB Search will provide a copy only if a record exists)".
Required Course and Examination:
- Certificate confirming the successful completion of a nationally recognized course on community association management. The Community Association Institute’s (CAI) M-100 course satisfies this requirement. Information on the course can be found at https://www.caionline.org/LearningCenter/Education-for-Managers/Pages/default.aspx .
- Certificate confirming the successful completion of the National Board of Certification for Community Association Manager’s (CMCA) examination. Information on the CMCA Examination can be found at https://www.camicb.org.
- CAM Application Application fee: $160.00
All community association manager registrations expire annually on January 31st. Renewal fee: $200.00
Community Association Manager Trainee:
Community association trainee means a natural person working under the direct supervision of a community association manager, for the purpose of being trained in the provision of association management services. A trainee may, for a period not to exceed six months, engage in association management services.
- the trainee must be directly supervised by and act under the direction of a currently registered community association manager who shall be liable for the actions or inactions of the trainee.
- a trainee has no authority to collect, control or disburse funds of the association.
- a trainee registration is a one time non-renewable registration.
- CAM Trainee Application Application fee: None