Drug Control Division Inspection Forms
The Drug Control Division is utilizing all-inclusive mobile inspection forms that encompass multiple inspection types and business models. Inspection sections and/or inspection fields may intentionally remain blank when such sections and/or fields do not apply to the inspection type and/or business model for which the mobile inspection forms are being utilized. Please contact the Drug Control Agent who conducted your inspection if you feel an inspection section and/or inspection field was inadvertently left blank.
Certification Submission Form - September 2022
Inspection Form - February 2024
Designated Pharmacist - means a pharmacist responsible for overseeing the compounding of sterile pharmaceuticals and the application of the USP chapters, as said chapters pertain to sterile compounding.
The Designated Pharmacist in a licensed pharmacy or an institutional pharmacy must notify the department when they commence or cease being the designated pharmacist via email to DCP.PharmacistLicense@ct.gov.
- Approved program(s) for Designated Pharmacists must at minimum include a total 30 hours (can be obtained from different programs) of education in the following areas:
- Fundamentals of sterile compounding
- Hazardous drug and high risk compounding
- Sanitation of pharmacy controlled environments
- Viable facility sampling metrics
- Personnel sampling metrics
- Engineering controls for sterile compounding
- Below are courses that have been approved already. If you have a course that you would like to submit for approval please send the course to DCP.DrugUSPcompounding@ct.gov with all pertinent information. It is the responsibility of the individual designated pharmacist to acquire the appropriate number of hours from the areas outlined above and maintain a records of the courses that have been completed.
- Essential Elements of Compounded Sterile Preparations (LP3 Network) - ACPE number 0864-9999-18-047-H07-P/T
- Sterile Compounding eLearning Course Curriculum 29 lessons with 34 hours of CE - ACPE numbers here.
- (New) Compounded Sterile Preparations Certificate for Pharmacists - American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
For questions and reporting USP related issues please email DCP.DrugUSPcompounding@ct.gov.
General Inspection Form (With Controlled Substances) - May 2021