Meeting Notice* and Agenda
The Council on Environmental Quality will meet at 9:30 AM on Wednesday, September 22, 2021.
*It will be conducted remotely, to comply with Governor Lamont’s Executive Order 7B.
Council Members may participate via Zoom on their computers by connecting to:
Join the Zoom Meeting: https://ctdeep.zoom.us/j/96365270321 or
Dial by your location: +1 646 876 9923 Meeting ID: 963 6527 0321
Members of the public may watch and/or listen by connecting to the same website. Materials for the meeting will be posted to the Council’s website in advance of the meeting. Persons wishing to comment during the Citizen Comment Period may participate remotely at that time, or they can send their comments to Peter.Hearn@ct.gov who will present them.
1. Call to Order; Establishment of a Quorum
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of August 25, 2021 Minutes
4. Chair’s Report
5. Citizen Comment Period - Reserved for people to make brief comments to the Council regarding topics not on the agenda.
6. Citizen Complaints and Inquiries Received – Updates on: 1. flooding near the University of Connecticut and 2. the Department of Transportation project in Stratford.
7. Executive Director Report
a. Two recent questions about state actions - resolved by strict adherence to the Connecticut Environmental Policy Act (CEPA).
b. Staff activities: 2020 Annual Report update with focus on greenhouse gasses, indicators for the 2021 Annual Report, wetlands research, and invasive species research.
8. State Agency Actions
a. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP):
- Release-based Remediation Working Group’s Ad Hoc Committees 1. Historical Fill & Anthropogenic Background 2. Residential Releases
b. Siting Council:
- Comments recommended - Petition 1463
c. DEEP and Department of Public Health progress to date on PFAS goals
9. Other Business