Meeting Notice and Agenda
The Council on Environmental Quality will meet on Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 9:30 AM.
and/or by phone by dialing: +1 646 876 9923 US Meeting ID: 963 6527 0321
Materials for the meeting will be posted to the Council’s website in advance of the meeting. Persons wishing to comment during the Citizen Comment Period may participate at that time.
1. Call to Order; Establishment of a Quorum
2. Martin Heft, Undersecretary, Intergovernmental Policy and Planning Division, Office of Policy and Management
3. Approval of minutes of July 26, 2023
4. Citizen Comment Period
5. Citizen Complaints and Inquiries Received
6. Executive Director’s Report
(Connecticut Lakes, Rivers, and Ponds Preservation Account, Conservation and Development Policies Plan 2025-30; Federal Local Bridge Program (Juniper Lane Atwoodville Road Bridges, Gurleyville Road Bridge); miniature alcohol beverage container survey; South Central Connecticut Regional Water Authority land transfers; historic preservation review working group)
7. State Agency Actions
a. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection:
- Release-Based Remediation Program – update
- Sustainable, Transparent, and Efficient Practices for Solar Siting (STEPS) initiative and Statewide Shared Clean Energy Facility Program (draft comments)
- Offshore Wind and Zero Carbon Procurements - Draft Request for Proposals (submitted comments)
- Notice of Intent to Amend Air Quality Regs and Revise the State Implementation Plan
b. Connecticut Siting Council:
- Docket 517 (telecom, Redding) - Comment recommended (draft comments)
- Petition 1278B (fuel cell, North Haven), Petition 1587 (battery, Cheshire), Petition 1588 (battery, Windsor) - No comments recommended at this time
c. Department of Transportation:
8. Other Business
The next regular Council meeting is scheduled for September 27, 2023 at 9:30 AM.