Meeting Notice and Agenda
The Council on Environmental Quality will meet by Zoom at 9:30 AM on Wednesday,
May 24, 2023.
Council members and members of the public may participate via Zoom by connecting to the Zoom meeting at: https://ctdeep.zoom.us/j/96365270321 or by phone by dialing: +1 646 876 9923 US Meeting ID: 963 6527 0321
Materials for the meeting will be posted to the Council’s website in advance of the meeting. Persons wishing to comment during the Citizen Comment Period may participate at that time.
1. Call to Order; Establishment of a Quorum
2. Approval of minutes of April 26, 2023
3. Chair’s Report
4. Citizen Comment Period
5. Citizen Complaints and Inquiries Received
6. Executive Director’s Report
(Staffing, Annual Report, Land Transfers, Source Water Protection Work Group)
7. State Agency & Legislative Actions
a. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection:
- Release-Based Remediation Program – update
- Connecticut Lakes, Rivers and Ponds Preservation account – Request for information
b. Siting Council:
- Docket 516 (energy, Fairfield - Bridgeport), Petition 1569 (telecom, Avon), Petition 1573 (energy, Brookfield – Southbury) - Comments recommended
- Petition 1497A (fuel cell, Bridgeport), Petition 1570 (telecom, New Britain), Petition 1571 (telecom, Norwich), Petition 1572 (solar, East Windsor) – No comments recommended at this time
8. Other Business
The next regular Council meeting is scheduled for June 28, 2023 at 9:30 AM.