Meeting Notice and Agenda
The Council on Environmental Quality will meet by Zoom at 9:30 AM on Wednesday,
July 26, 2023.
Council members and members of the public may participate via Zoom by connecting to the Zoom meeting at: https://ctdeep.zoom.us/j/96365270321 or by phone by dialing: +1 646 876 9923 US Meeting ID: 963 6527 0321
Materials for the meeting will be posted to the Council’s website in advance of the meeting. Persons wishing to comment during the Citizen Comment Period may participate at that time.
1. Call to Order; Establishment of a Quorum
2. Approval of minutes of June 28, 2023
3. Citizen Comment Period
4. Citizen Complaints and Inquiries Received
5. Executive Director’s Report
(Farmland Preservation, Connecticut Lakes, Rivers and Ponds Preservation account, Pachaug State Forest Plan, draft Conservation and Development Policies Plan 2025-30, land transfer- North Canaan, Connecticut Environmental Justice Mapping Tool)
6. State Agency Actions
a. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection:
- Release-Based Remediation Program – update
- General Permit for the Discharge of Stormwater from Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System and General Permit for the Discharge of Stormwater Associated with Commercial Activity
- Sustainable, Transparent, and Efficient Practices for Solar Siting (STEPS) initiative and Statewide Shared Clean Energy Facility Program
b. Connecticut Siting Council:
- Petition 1582 (energy, Shelton - Stratford), Petition 1583 (solar, Bethany) - Comments recommended
- Petition 1544A (solar, Norfolk/Colebrook), Petition 1581 (battery, East Hampton), (Petition 1584 (telecom, Hartford), Petition 1585 (battery, Meriden) - No comments recommended at this time
7. Other Business
The next regular Council meeting is scheduled for August 23, 2023 at 9:30 AM.