Meeting Notice and Agenda
The Council on Environmental Quality will meet by Zoom at 9:30 AM on Wednesday,
January 25, 2023.
Council members and members of the public may participate via Zoom by connecting to the Zoom meeting at: https://ctdeep.zoom.us/j/96365270321
or by phone by dialing: +1 646 876 9923 US Meeting ID: 963 6527 0321
Materials for the meeting will be posted to the Council’s website in advance of the meeting. Persons wishing to comment during the Citizen Comment Period may participate remotely at that time.
1. Call to Order; Establishment of a Quorum
2. Approval of Minutes of December 14, 2022
3. Chair’s Report
4. Citizen Comment Period
5. Citizen Complaints and Inquiries Received
6. Executive Director’s Report
(Environmental Analyst 2, water plan information, Dept. of Energy and Environmental Protection wetlands program, Annual Report data, status of Vegetation Management Working Group)
7. State Agency & Legislative Actions
a. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Release-Based Remediation Program – update
- General Permit for the Discharge of Groundwater Remediation Wastewater
- Comprehensive General Permit for Discharges to Surface Water and Groundwater
- Notice of Intent to Revise the State Implementation Plan for Air Quality: PM2.5 Maintenance Plan for New Haven and Fairfield Counties
b. Siting Council
- Petition 1555 (solar, Windsor Locks) - Comments recommended
- Petition 1554 (fuel cell, West Hartford-Hartford), Petition 1556 (energy, East Windsor), Petition 1557 (solar, Enfield) - No comments recommended
8. Other Business
The next regular Council meeting is scheduled for February 22, 2023.