Meeting Notice and Agenda
The Council on Environmental Quality will meet by Zoom at 9:30 AM on Wednesday,
February 22, 2023.
Council members and members of the public may participate via Zoom by connecting to the Zoom meeting at: https://ctdeep.zoom.us/j/96365270321
or by phone by dialing: +1 646 876 9923 US Meeting ID: 963 6527 0321
Materials for the meeting will be posted to the Council’s website in advance of the meeting. Persons wishing to comment during the Citizen Comment Period may participate remotely at that time.
1. Call to Order; Establishment of a Quorum
2. Approval of Minutes of January 25, 2023
3. Chair’s Report
4. Citizen Comment Period
5. Citizen Complaints and Inquiries Received
6. Executive Director’s Report
(Environmental Analyst, status of Vegetation Management Working Group, Land Transfer Notice, survey of municipalities, Annual Report data)
7. State Agency & Legislative Actions
a. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Release-Based Remediation Program – update
- Connecticut Guidelines for Soil Erosion and Sediment Control and the Connecticut Stormwater Quality Manual
- Connecticut Materials Management Strategy Amendment
b. Siting Council
- Petition 1558 (solar, Ellington) and Petition 1559 (telecom, Danbury) - No comments recommended at this time
8. Other Business
The next regular Council meeting is scheduled for March 22, 2023.