Meeting Notice and Agenda
The Council on Environmental Quality will meet by Zoom at 9:30 AM on Wednesday, February 23, 2022.
Council Members may participate via Zoom on their computers by connecting to:
the Zoom meeting at: https://ctdeep.zoom.us/j/96365270321
or dial phone by dialing: +1 646 876 9923 US Meeting ID: 963 6527 0321
The public may watch and/or listen by connecting to the same website. Materials for the meeting will be posted to the Council’s website in advance of the meeting. Persons wishing to comment during the Citizen Comment Period may participate remotely at that time.
1. Call to Order; Establishment of a Quorum
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of January 26, 2022 and February 9, 2022 Minutes
4. Citizen Comment Period - Reserved for people to make brief comments to the Council regarding topics not on the agenda.
5. Citizen Complaints and Inquiries Received
6. Executive Director’s Report
- Recommendations for the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection regarding its policy on emergency tree removal and recommendations for remediation at Housatonic Meadows State Park
- State forest management and the Connecticut Environmental Policy Act
- Floodplains & construction – existing guidelines
- Executive Director vacancy in June
7. Staff Activities
- Invasive Species Report
- Annual Report Update
8. State Agency & Legislative Actions
a. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection:
- Release-based Remediation Working Group - update
b. Siting Council
- Docket 507 and Petitions 1484, 1487 – Comments recommended
- Petitions 1481, 1482, 1485, 1488 – No comments recommended
c. Introduced Bills and draft comments: Raised Bills 117, 5143, others
9. Other Business
The next regular Council meeting is scheduled for March 23, 2022.