Meeting Notice and Agenda
The Council on Environmental Quality will meet by Zoom at 9:30 AM on Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
Council Members may participate via Zoom on their computers by connecting to:
the Zoom meeting at: https://ctdeep.zoom.us/j/96365270321
or dial phone by dialing: +1 646 876 9923 US Meeting ID: 963 6527 0321
The public may watch and/or listen by connecting to the same website. Materials for the meeting will be posted to the Council’s website in advance of the meeting. Persons wishing to comment during the Citizen Comment Period may participate remotely at that time.
1. Call to Order; Establishment of a Quorum
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of March 23, 2022 and April 8, 2022 Minutes
4. Citizen Comment Period - Reserved for people to make brief comments to the Council regarding topics not on the agenda.
5. Citizen Complaints and Inquiries Received
6. Executive Director’s Report
- Fuel oil tank failures – revisited
- Pending environmental analyst vacancy
- Recent press coverage of the Council
7. Staff Activities
- Annual Report completed & distributed
8. State Agency & Legislative Actions
a. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection:
- Release-based Remediation Working Group – update
- Discussions about a Scoping process for tree/forestry activities
- New General Permit for the Discharge of Domestic Sewage
b. Siting Council
- Petition 1503 and Docket 508 – Comments recommended
- Petitions 1498, 1500, 1501, 1502, 1504, 1505, 1506 – No comments recommended
c. University of Connecticut Environmental Impact Evaluation (EIE) for Mirror Lake
d. SB 491
9. Other Business
The next regular Council meeting is scheduled for May 25, 2022.