Meeting Notice* and Agenda
The Council on Environmental Quality will meet at 9:30 AM on Wednesday, November 17, 2021.
*It will be conducted remotely, to comply with Governor Lamont’s Executive Order 7B.
Council Members may participate via Zoom on their computers by connecting to:
Join the Zoom Meeting: https://ctdeep.zoom.us/j/96365270321 or
Dial by your location: +1 646 876 9923 Meeting ID: 963 6527 0321
Members of the public may watch and/or listen by connecting to the same website. Materials for the meeting will be posted to the Council’s website in advance of the meeting. Persons wishing to comment during the Citizen Comment Period may participate remotely at that time, or they can send their comments to Peter.Hearn@ct.gov who will present them.
1. Call to Order; Establishment of a Quorum
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of October 27, 2021 Minutes
4. Citizen Comment Period - Reserved for people to make brief comments to the Council regarding topics not on the agenda.
5. Citizen Complaints and Inquiries Received
6. Executive Director’s Report
- Council vacancies - update
- Killingly gas plant - news
7. Staff Activities
8. State Agency Actions
a. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP):
- Draft Comments: Environmental Impact Evaluation (EIE) for Naugatuck Valley Regional Wastewater Study - for approval
- DEEP Wetlands Program – update on training and reporting activities
- Release-based Remediation Working Group - update
b. Siting Council
- Comments recommended – Petition 1469
- No comments recommended – Petition 1467 and Petition 1470
9. Other Business
- Council member news