Meeting Notice* and Agenda
The Council on Environmental Quality will meet at 9:30 AM on Wednesday, May 26, 2021.
*This meeting will be conducted remotely, in compliance with Governor Lamont’s Executive Order 7B.
Council Members may participate via Zoom on their computers by connecting to:
Join the Zoom Meeting: https://ctdeep.zoom.us/j/96365270321 or
Dial by your location: +1 646 876 9923 Meeting ID: 963 6527 0321
Members of the public may watch and/or listen by connecting to the same website. Materials for the meeting will be posted to the Council’s website in advance of the meeting. Persons wishing to comment during the Citizen Comment Period may participate remotely at that time, or they can send their comments to Peter.Hearn@ct.gov who will present them.
- Call to Order; Establishment of a Quorum
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of April 28, 2021 Minutes
- Citizen Comment Period - reserved for people to make brief comments to the Council regarding topics not on the agenda.
- Citizen Complaints and Inquiries Received
a. New: Kensington Playground, Abandoned LP gas tank
b. Update: Kosciusko Park, flooding from State property, Canton development proposal
- Executive Director Report
a. Annual Report: update
b. Approval of Revised Code of Ethics
c. Discussion of CGS 22a-19 and right of citizen intervention – possible action
d. Staff activities
- State Agency & Legislative Actions
a. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP):
• DEEP retirement cliff
• Release-Based Remediation Working Group
• Advisory Committee to help improve permit assistance
b. Siting Council:
• Comments recommended: Docket No. 501 and Petition No. 1453
• No Comments recommended: Docket No. 500, No. 502, and No. 503
c. University of Connecticut: historic buildings resolution
d. Department of Administrative Services: State Police Firing Ranges cancelled
e. Legislation: Updates
- Other Business