Meeting Notice* and Agenda
The Council on Environmental Quality will meet at 9:30 AM on Wednesday, June 23, 2021.
*This meeting will be conducted remotely, in compliance with Governor Lamont’s Executive Order 7B.
Council Members may participate via Zoom on their computers by connecting to:
Join the Zoom Meeting: https://ctdeep.zoom.us/j/96365270321 or
Dial by your location: +1 646 876 9923 Meeting ID: 963 6527 0321
Members of the public may watch and/or listen by connecting to the same website. Materials for the meeting will be posted to the Council’s website in advance of the meeting. Persons wishing to comment during the Citizen Comment Period may participate remotely at that time, or they can send their comments to Peter.Hearn@ct.gov who will present them.
- Call to Order; Establishment of a Quorum
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of May 26, 2021 Minutes
- Citizen Comment Period - reserved for people to make brief comments to the Council regarding topics not on the agenda.
- Citizen Complaints and Inquiries Received
a. New: Alleged filling activity by Dept. of Transportation, odor complaint, landfills and others
b. Update: Cockaponset State Park, Canton development complaint
- Discussion of Enhanced Code of Ethics
- Executive Director Report
a. Discussion of CGS 22a-19 and citizen intervention
b. Staff activities: land trust acreage analysis, Renewable Portfolio Standards facilities
- State Agency & Legislative Actions
a. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP):
• Release-Based Remediation Working Group Update
• "Sustainable, Transparent and Efficient Practices” (STEPs) for Solar Development – Scoping meeting and consideration of draft comments
b. Siting Council:
• Comments recommended: Docket No. 504
• No comments recommended for Petitions No. 1454 and No. 1455
• Update on approved, revised and pending projects
c. Legislation: Update on the legislative session
- Other Business