Meeting Notice* and Agenda
The Council on Environmental Quality will meet at 9:30 AM on Wednesday, April 28, 2021.
*This meeting will be conducted remotely, in compliance with Governor Lamont’s Executive Order 7B.
Council Members may participate via Zoom on their computers by connecting to:
Join the Zoom Meeting: https://ctdeep.zoom.us/j/96365270321 or
Dial by your location: +1 646 876 9923 Meeting ID: 963 6527 0321
Members of the public may watch and/or listen by connecting to the same website. Materials for the meeting will be posted to the Council’s website in advance of the meeting. Persons wishing to comment during the Citizen Comment Period may participate remotely at that time, or they can send their comments to Peter.Hearn@ct.gov who will present them.
- Call to Order; Establishment of a Quorum
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of March 24, 2021 Minutes
- Citizen Comment Period**
- Citizen Complaints and Inquiries Received
a. Pending: Kosciusko Park; flooding from State property; ATV use in Cockaponset
b. Resolved: Durham solar farm; Monroe landfill; pesticide violations; landscaping of State land
- Executive Director Report
a. Annual Report: release and reaction
b. Staff activities: New software, Environmental Monitor access for Department of Housing
- State Agency & Legislative Actions
a. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection:
• Spill Reporting Regulations - discussion of possible comments
• Release Based Remediation Working Groups - update
b. Siting Council:
• Docket No. 499 and Petitions 1451, 1452 – Comments recommended
• Petitions: 1446, 1447, 1448, 1449, 1450 – No comments recommended
c. Legislation: Update on “Bottle Bill” and other bills of note
- Other Business
**The Citizen Comment Period is reserved for people to make brief comments to the Council regarding topics not on the agenda.