The Council on Environmental Quality will meet on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 9:00 AM in the Holcombe Conference Room, 5th floor, 79 Elm Street, Hartford. (Directions)
1. Call to order; establishment of a quorum
2. Approval of July 27, 2011 minutes
3. Chairman's Report
4. Executive Director's Report
including updates on budget reductions
5. Review of State Agency Actions
a. Siting Council consultation re: telecommunications tower in North Stonington (no comments recommended by staff)
b. Preliminary review of Connecticut Environmental Policy Act (CEPA) implementation since adoption of the new Environmental Classification Documents, and status of CEPA regulations.
6. Citizen Complaints
a. Progress report on remediation in Tylerville (Haddam) (brief update)
b. Herbicide spraying on the Valley Railroad: discussion of potential for notification of abutting landowners
c. Discussion of selected issues from July public forum held in Mansfield
7. Indicator of the Month (an ongoing review of environmental indicators from the annual report, with discussion of possible revisions): "No Swimming at the Beach"
8. Other Business
Return to Agenda Archives