Ask-the Doctor Checklist
Before you go to the doctor:
- Write down the medicines and vitamins you take.
- Write down your questions for the doctor.
When you visit the doctor:
Tell the doctor why you are there:
- Tell the doctor if you want a check-up.
- Tell the doctor if you are sick.
- If you are sick, tell the doctor what is wrong.
Give the doctor your list of medicines.
During your doctor's visit:
- Look at your list of questions and ask those questions.
- If the doctor wants you to take new medicine, ask:
o How can this medicine help me?
o When should I take it?
o Should I take it with food or water?
o How will the medicine make me feel?
o Can I take this with other medicine?
If the doctor wants you to take a test, ask:
- How will the test help me?
- How should I get ready for the test?
At the end of your doctor's visit, ask:
- Do I need to come back? I
- f you have to come back, find out when.
- Ask what you can do to get ready.
After the visit, write down:
- What the doctor said about your health.
- Any changes you are supposed to make.
- When you should go back to the doctor.
The medicine and vitamins I take:
Name and Medicine or
Why I take
Who said to take
|How much I take and when
Ask the Doctor Checklist (PDF, KB)