How to Avoid Health Problems
- You could be sick for a short time, like when you have a cold or the flu.
Sometimes you might be sick for a long time. You could have:
- Heart Disease
- This kind of sickness is called a health problem.
• Some health problems run in families.
• Some people are born with health problems.
• Some health problems come from bad life choices.
• The sooner you know about a health problem, the better!
The best way to stay healthy is to:
- Eat well
- Take care of your body
- Think good thoughts
- You can find out more here:
- Being Healthy My Way: Guide to Healthy Living
Catch Health Problems Early
- Here are some ways to catch health problems early:
- Visit your doctor at least once a year
- Ask your family about their health problems
- Get tested
Visit Your Doctor
- Even if you feel good, go to your doctor at least one time each year.
- Your doctor might see things that you do not.
- Preparing for a Doctor’s Visit
Think About Your Family
- Lots of things about you come from your family, like:
- Your height
- Your hair and eye color
- Health problems can come from your family too.
- Does your mother or father have health problems?
- Do your sisters or brothers have health problems?
- Tell your doctor if anyone in your family has had:
- High blood pressure
- Heart problems
- Kidney problems
- Other health problems
See Your Doctor and Get Tested
- Your doctor can check you.
- You can check yourself for health problems.
- Your doctor can test you for problems.
- Get more information about health testing.
More Information About Staying Healthy