What is Cancer?
It Starts In a Cell
- Cells are small living things.
- Your body is made up of cells.
- Cells in your body grow and die.
- This happens every day.
- Some cells get sick.
- They start growing very fast.
- They get together with other sick cells.
- These are called cancer cells.
Different Kinds of Cancer
- Cancer cells can grow in different places in your body.
- They can grow in your:
- liver stomach
Who Gets Cancer?
- Anyone can get cancer.
- A person can get cancer at any age.
- The most common kinds of cancer are:
What are my chances of getting cancer?
You have a bigger chance if you:
- Eat unhealthy food
- Do not exercise
- Are over 65 years old
- Are out in the sun a lot
What Can You Do?
Stay healthy by:
- Eating right
- Not smoking
- Getting exercise
- Get a checkup from your doctor at least once a year.
Check Yourself for Cancer
You can check yourself for:
- Breast cancer
- Skin cancer
- Testicular cancer
- If you find anything, talk to your doctor.
Checking Yourself for Cancer