Our DDS Vision promotes all individuals to “Have safe, meaningful and empowering relationships”.
The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) is committed to promoting the respect and dignity of individuals who receive services from the department or its providers. We want to assure all individuals have the right and are supported to have relationships of their choice and are given the privacy and opportunity to express their own sexuality. We support educating and supporting individuals to have healthy and meaningful relationships.
Ideas to assist people with disabilities to develop safe, meaningful; and empowering relationships.
Healthy Relationship Series
The department supports the Healthy Relationship Series held in each of the 3 regions at least 2 times a year. The “Healthy Relationship Series” curriculum the department is using promotes healthy relationships for all consumers. Planned Parenthood of Southern New England Educators team up with our DDS Self Advocate Coordinators who have been trained to teach the curriculum that has been written By, For, and With Self Advocates.
All are Welcome!
Sandi Geer is willing to answer any questions you may have: firstname.lastname@example.org right fax # 860-920-3057 for info, call 203-509-4783
- Three (3) different sessions being offered two (2) times each.
- Small sessions at 15 participants to support more interactive learning.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older and receive supports from DDS.
- All interested individuals must complete the online form and email it to Sandi Geer - Sandi.email@example.com as noted on the referral.
- Participants must have a working computer with internet access, microphone, and headphones.
- Zoom will be used as he platform for the sessions.
- Building Meaningful Relationships
- Healthy vs Unhealthy Relationships
- Real Life/Real Talk for Parents & Caregivers
- Your Body Your Choice Consent Basics