Every Day Life
Every day is a new day!
Each day we can be the person we want to be.
The DDS Mission and Vision supports living the life we want!
The mission of the Department of Developmental Services is to partner with the individuals we support and their families, to support lifelong planning and to join with others to create and promote meaningful opportunities for individuals to fully participate as valued members of their communities.
All citizens supported by the Department of Developmental Services are valued contributors to their communities as family members, friends, neighbors, students, employees, volunteers, members of civic and religious associations, voters and advocates. These individuals:
- Live, learn, work and enjoy community life in places where they can use their personal strengths, talents and passions.
- Have safe, meaningful and empowering relationships.
- Have families who feel supported from the earliest years and throughout their lifetimes.
- Have lifelong opportunities and the assistance to learn things that matter to them.
- Make informed choices and take responsibility for their lives and experience the dignity of risk.
- Earn money to facilitate personal choices.
- Know their rights and responsibilities and pursue opportunities to live the life they choose.
This site will connect you with videos to explore life, explore your community, explore Connecticut, and explore living out your Vision.
Knowledge is Power!
Every Day Life will support you to learn more and feel empowered!
Keep coming back to this site for inspiration and information – we will add videos on a regular basis!
Day in my Life - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZYS0MApYcM
Connecticut Historical Society: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22TPqsxbiY
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
A 3-minute guide to the Bill of Rights - Belinda Stutzman