The Connecticut Summative Assessment system includes the following assessments:
- The Connecticut Smarter Balanced Assessment for students in Grades 3 through 8.
- The Next Generation Science Standards(NGSS) assessment for students in Grades 5, 8 and 11.
- The Connecticut SAT School Day for students in Grade 11.
- The Connecticut Alternate Assessment (CTAA) in Grades 3 through 8 and 11 and the Connecticut NGSS Alternate Assessment in Grades 5, 8 and 11 for students who may have significant cognitive disabilities.
- The English Language Proficiency assessment (LAS - Links) in Grades K - 12 for English learners.
- The Connecticut Physical Fitness Assessment in Grades 4, 6, 8 and high school.
- The Fall Kindergarten Entrance Inventory is administered to Kindergarten students.
|Content Area(s)||Assessment||Grade(s)||Testing Window|
|English Language Proficiency: Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing||LAS-Links||K-12||January 3-March 9, 2018|
|English Language Arts & Mathematics||Connecticut Smarter Balanced||3-8||March 26-May 25, 2018|
|Connecticut SAT School Day||11||
Primary Test Date:
|Connecticut Alternate Assessment||3-8 and 11||March 26-May 25, 2018|
|Science||Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Assessment Field Test||5, 8 and 11||March 26-May 25, 2018
April 30-May 25, 2018
(Grades 5 and 8)
|NGSS Alternate Assessment Field Test||5, 8, and 11||April 30-May 25, 2018
(Grades 5, 8 and 11)