It typically takes a few weeks for the body to build immunity after vaccination. That means there's a small chance you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 just before or just after vaccination and get sick. However, if you do get infected after your vaccine has built immunity, the vaccine may prevent serious illness.
- After Getting Vaccinated
- Boosters & Third Doses
- Children & Teens
- Getting the Vaccine
- Pregnancy & Fertility
- Vaccine Facts
- Vaccine Safety
- Can businesses or employers access the CT WiZ or the CT WiZ Public Portal to verify an employee’s vaccine status?
- Can businesses or employers ask about vaccine status?
- Can I get a certificate that says I am vaccinated?
- Can I still get COVID-19 after I’m vaccinated?
- I lost my vaccine card, how do I get another one?