Teen Safe Driving Video Contest
This Year's Theme:
“Teen Safe Driver: Could This Be You? Every Second Matters.”
Thank you for participating as a judge in this year's contest.
1. You will be judging TWO sets of videos.
3. When judging the video submissions, use the following criteria for ranking. See scoring tips for more details:
Overall Impact (50%)
Cinematic Style (25%)
Keep in mind, the information contained in each submitted entry (such as statistics and statements of the law) has not been screened for accuracy. Contest rules explicitly stated: "Any supporting data used in your video, such as statistics, quotations and facts must be true, accurate and reliable." However, the videos that advance to the next round of judging will be screened for accuracy.
4. The videos are separated into two groups, numbered in order and have the school name listed. Be sure to have paper and a pen nearby for making notes.
5. If you find you are related to any of the actors or producers in a video or have another conflict of interest, do not include that video among your selections.
6. After viewing all the entries, please use the online judging form to rank your list of the best entries in order.
Overall Top 3 and Special Category Awards
When ranking your videos, please use the entry’s corresponding number and note the name of the school. You will have 21 videos to watch and have seven (7) awards to choose (the top 3 overall best videos, and 4 special award categories). Please choose seven (7) different videos without selecting the same school more than once. For example, if you choose Video #1 from "School X," you can not select Video #1 or ANY other video from "School X."
Remember the theme: “Teen Safe Driver: Could This Be You? Every Second Matters.”
Take your time, perhaps watching a video several times, as well as reviewing your notes, to rank your top choices. For the overall best videos, your #1 being your top choice and #3 representing your 3rd choice.
We have four (4) special category awards this year:
Use of Community Member - This award is designated for the finalist video that best uses a community member to promote the theme of the contest. This includes the use of someone other than a teen or a parental figure. This includes, but is not limited to, law enforcement, medical professional, firefighter or other safety advocates.
Use of Humor - This award is designated for the finalist video that best uses humor to promote the theme of the contest.
Use of Music -This award is designated for the finalist video that best uses music to promote the theme of the contest.
Use of Parental Figure - This award is designated for the finalist video that best uses a parental figure to promote the theme of the contest.
When ranking your top 2 multicultural videos, please use the entry’s corresponding number. You may vote for ANY of the seven (7) videos listed.
Take your time, perhaps watching a video several times, as well as reviewing your notes, to rank your top 2 choices with #1 being your top choice and #2 representing your 2nd choice. You may not tie two entries for a single choice and you cannot abstain therefore submitting less than 2 choices.You must rank two (2) individual choices.
7. Please submit your overall best, special category and top multicultural videos no later than Thursday, March 29, at 10 a.m.