Alternate teacher training programs
Connecticut’s State Board of Education has approved four “alternate route to certification” programs you can take to become an educator. Follow the links below to learn about the programs and view this handy guide (PDF), too.
- CT Office of Higher Education Alternate Route to Certification (ARC) Program
- Area Cooperative Education Services (ACES)
- Capitol Region Education Council (CREC)
- Charter Oak State College
They offer programs for people to become:
- K-12 teachers
- Birth-to-Kindergarten teachers
- English-learner teachers
- Library media specialists
- Special education teachers
- Teachers of people who are blind or visually impaired
"Traditional" programs are available at colleges and universities across the state.