Person-Centered Medical Home Plus or PCMH+ provides person-centered, comprehensive and coordinated care to HUSKY members. PCMH+ builds on the success of Connecticut Medicaid's Person-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) program which works to improve the quality of care our members receive. The PCMH+ program works to improve HUSKY member's overall health and assists with access to services like access to healthy food, transportation to appointments and assistance in finding community agencies that support housing or employment. Learn more about PCMH+ with the Member Information Guide.
If you are PCMH+ HUSKY Member, your HUSKY benefits do not change. If you have questions about your provider, or questions about your care, please call HUSKY Health Services at 1-800-859-9889 or view the HUSKY Health Program Covered Services guide. If you do not want to take part in PCMH+, you can call 1-877-858-7012 Option #2. PCMH+ members can also vist the PCMH+ Member Information webpage.
Additional PCMH+ material is featured below and can be found under the Documents section of this webpage.
- PCMH+ Member Information Guide
- SIM Steering Committee Presentation given by DSS Health Services Director Kate McEvoy at the State Innovation Model (SIM) Steering Committee. The presentation provides a look at Wave 1 program performance, and announcement of the Wave 2 Participating Entities.
- PCMH+ Flyers provide a quick program overview. Participating Entities are encouraged to download and share flyers with their PCMH+ members.
PCMH+ Program Information and Updates
DSS Issues Request for Proposals for Person-Centered Medical Home Plus (PCMH+) Wave 3
The Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS) requests proposals, posted at this link: https://biznet.ct.gov/SCP_Search/BidDetail.aspx?CID=51119
Read the RFP for full details.
Who Can Submit: Qualified DSS Person-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) practices, including:
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and FQHC Look-Alikes (collectively, FQHCs); and
- Advanced Networks (PCMH primary care practices alone or part of a network that also has specialist(s), hospital(s), or within a Medicare Accountable Care Organization, or ACO).
What: Proposals to become a Participating Entity in DSS PCMH+ Wave 3. PCMH+ Wave 3 aims to continue to improve health outcomes and the care experience of Medicaid members and to contain the growth of health care costs. Selected FQHCs and Advanced Networks will provide care coordination to improve the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of care delivered to Medicaid members.
Benefits: If a PCMH+ Participating Entity meets specified quality standards and generates savings for Medicaid, that entity will receive a shared savings payment. FQHC Participating Entities will also receive a monthly Care Coordination Add-On Payment.
RFP Conference: All interested parties, are encouraged to attend the RFP conference on Thursday, September 12, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Department of Social Services, 55 Farmington Avenue Room 1008, Hartford, Connecticut. Read the RFP for more details. In order to have the opportunity to participate in PCMH+ Wave 3, all entities must submit a response to this RFP, even if the entity is currently participating in PCMH+ Wave 2.