Tax Exempt

If your organization wants to be exempt from federal income tax, the organization must apply to the Internal Revenue Service.  

Information about this can be obtained from the IRS by calling 1-800-829-FORM (3676) and ordering Publication 557, "Tax Exempt Status for Your Organization." or on the IRS website

State of Connecticut tax matters, including exemption from paying sales tax on products purchased by a charity organization, are handled by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.